The Siletz Tribal Vocational Rehabilitation Program (STVRP) will provide services to Tribal members with disabilities residing within the 11-county service area. The Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) services will be consistent with the individual strengths, resources, priorities, concerns, abilities, capabilities and informed choice of the program participants. These services will be designed so that eligible participants may prepare for, maintain and engage in successful employment, including self-employment or business ownership.
STVRP will provide culturally sensitive VR services to participants with disabilities that are adequate, accessible and professional.
As staff, we will gain appropriate knowledge to provide outreach, create partnerships and advocate on behalf of our participants to achieve successful employment goals.
The primary goal of the program is to assist and prepare participants to obtain and maintain successful employment, including self-employment and business ownership. Successful employment is defined as maintaining employment for at least three months.
1. Provide services that include academic opportunities, vocational training, job coaching, on-the-job training and employment seeking.
2. Provide assessments, on-going counseling and evaluation.
3. Assist individuals in obtaining employment according to their skills, capabilities and vocational goals.
4. Facilitate the interview and hiring process for participant and employer.
5. Assist eligible participants with achieving their employment goals, including self-employment goals.
6. Increase the quality of employment placements.
7. Coordinate with employers to monitor and support participant progress and training.