Our Home Visiting Program provides parenting and life skills for successful and positive parenting. We serve Siletz families that are either expecting or have an infant under the age of twelve months, and we continue services through to the child’s third birthday. We travel throughout the CTSI 11-County Service Area as most visits will take place in your home or place of choice. The model and curriculum we use is called Family Spirit, developed by the John Hopkins Center for American Indian Health.
Family Spirit is evidence based and culturally sensitive to native families. Parents gain knowledge and skills for their developing infant through 36 months of age. We also focus on goals and healthy living for parents as a support system for the family as a whole.
The lessons are divided into seven modules:
- Prenatal Care
- Infant Care
- Your Growing Child
- Toddler Care
- My Family and Me
- Healthy Living
- Family Spirit Nurture (promoting healthy infant feeding and growth)
Home visits average about an hour and can be done virtually or in person. The frequency of visits start out weekly, transition to bi-weekly, and then monthly as the curriculum progresses. The Program will provide a children’s book and baby wipes at each in-person lesson. In addition, we may provide additional supplies tied to lessons, incentives and participation in family engagement activities.
- Live in 11-County Service Area
- Family is expecting or has an infant under twelve months of age
- Enrolled Siletz Tribal member head of household or dependent child and meet one of the following criteria—
- Income below 300% federal poverty level for last 30 days;
- Household that resides in rural location that has limited employment opportunities;
- First time parent;
- Household with at least one adult without a post-secondary certificate;
- Family experienced trauma, chemical dependency or mental health barriers;
- Additional factors may be considered – complete the application process to determine eligibility.
For more information, contact one of our Home Visitors.
Covering Siletz and Coast Range
201 SE Swan Avenue, Siletz, Oregon
Covering Salem, Portland, Eugene, the Willamette Valley and Surrounding Areas
3160 Blossom Drive NE Ste. 105, Salem, Oregon