Opening Date: June 22, 2021
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Title: Childcare Eligibility Worker
Tribal Level 15
Location: Siletz, OR
Classification: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Job Posting Number: 202127
The CTSI Childcare Assistance Program provides assistance for childcare expenses to CTSI families who are living in the eleven county service area and are working, looking for work, or enrolled in a higher education or job training program. Children must be under the age of 13 years and either enrolled CTSI tribal members, eligible to enroll in the CTSI, or the descendent or dependent of the parent who is an enrolled CTSI tribal member. The CTSI Childcare Assistance Program certifies Childcare Providers to provide childcare services to families eligible for services. Childcare Providers must meet requirements for health and safety, criminal history background checks, and if required, state regulations.
- High School Diploma or GED and one year experience interpreting and applying policies and procedures for eligibility determination requirements.
- Ability to:
- Work effectively with CTSI families.
- Work effectively with Childcare Providers.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Accept direction and carry out directives.
- Follow established policies and procedures.
- Process applications and check requests accurately and in a timely manner.
- Track clients and payments using Excel spreadsheet.
- To travel throughout the CTSI eleven county service area.
- Maintain client and provider files.
- Use basic office equipment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance and be able to travel within the CTSI eleven county service area.
- Must pass a criminal history background check which includes a sex offender registry check and obtain one of the following: State or tribal criminal history records, including fingerprints; or, Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal history records, including fingerprints; and Child abuse and neglect state registry check, if available.
Respond to requests from CTSI families for information and applications and to provide assistance as needed with the application process. Respond to requests from Childcare Providers for information and applications and to provide assistance as needed with the application process. Determine eligibility for assistance following established policies and procedures. Certifying Childcare Providers following established policies and procedures. Process Check Requests for the CTSI Childcare Assistance Program. Track clients and payments using an Excel spreadsheet. Maintain client and provider files following established procedures. Connect with community resources to improve childcare resources for families and providers. Distribute information to families and providers related to quality childcare services. Develop articles to publicize the program to CTSI families residing in the eleven county service area and to promote quality childcare initiatives. Communicate regularly with Director regarding progress and needs to improve services. Other duties as assigned.
All new employees will serve a six-month probationary period to enable the General Manger to determine their suitability as a tribal employee. After the six-month probation the employee will be evaluated of his/her performance and at that time, it will be, decided if the employee is entitled to a regular employee status.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a Tribal “Application for Employment Form”, found here: Employment Application
Applications must be received by the closing date of this announcement to receive consideration.
TO RECEIVE CREDIT FOR TRAINING OR EDUCATION, DOCUMENTATION MUST BE PROVIDED.
If applying for more than one position, separate applications will be required for each position.
The high school diploma/GED requirement will be waived for Tribal Elders
Send Applications To
Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians
Attn: Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 549
Siletz, OR 97380
Fax number: 541-444-8375 or 1-800-922-1399 ext. 1375
Human Resources: 1-800-922-1399 ext. 1274
Conditions of Employment
The selectee will be required to submit to a urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use before employment.
New employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to their first day of employment or submit a request for exemption to the Human Resource Manager, prior to starting employment.
May need to provide DMV Driver Record and proof of Automobile insurance.
The Tribe’s Indian Preference Policy will apply. Tribal government will not discriminate in selection because of race, creed, age, sex, color, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, membership, and non-membership in an employee organization.