Opening Date: May 28, 2021
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Title: Childcare Worker
Location: Siletz, Oregon
Job Posting Number: 202140
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Six months experience in a structured early childhood education setting (preschool, Head Start, Kindergarten, day-care center, etc.) -OR- Documented satisfactory completion of a related Work Experience placement, and demonstrated skills to perform the duties for this position -OR- 2 years of experience operating an in-home childcare with satisfactory employment and character references and demonstrated ability to perform the duties for this position.
- Able to work effectively with low-income families.
- Able to use a positive approach in directing child behavior.
- Able to work cooperatively as a team member.
- Must be able to satisfy a criminal record check.
- Must have a valid First Aid/CPR Card, Food Handlers card or be able to obtain it within 60 days of employment.
Assists in the follow through of the daily educational plan within the classroom and plans activities. Assists in setting up and maintaining a developmentally appropriate classroom environment including organization of space and material storage. Assists in setting up educational and/or social services related home visits with assigned families. Completes required documentation and follow up activities. Works in a team setting with other staff involved with families in assessing the needs of the family and child. Other duties as assigned.
All new employees will serve a six-month probationary period to enable the Board of Directors to determine their suitability as a childcare employee. After six-month probation, the employee will be evaluated on his/her performance and at that time it will be decided if the employee is entitled to a regular employee status.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a Tribal “Application for Employment Form”, found here: Employment Application
Applications must be received by the closing date of this announcement to receive consideration.
TO RECEIVE CREDIT FOR TRAINING OR EDUCATION, DOCUMENTATION MUST BE PROVIDED.
If applying for more than one position, separate applications will be required for each position.
The high school diploma/GED requirement will be waived for Tribal Elders
Send Applications To
Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians
Attn: Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 549
Siletz, OR 97380
Fax number: 541-444-8375 or 1-800-922-1399 ext. 1375
Human Resources: 1-800-922-1399 ext. 1274
Conditions of Employment
The selectee will be required to submit to a urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use before employment.
May need to provide DMV Driver Record and proof of Automobile insurance.
The Tribe’s Indian Preference Policy will apply. Tribal government will not discriminate in selection because of race, creed, age, sex, color, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, membership, and non-membership in an employee organization.