Opening Date: 07/22/21
Closing Date: 08/05/21
Job Title: Cook
Location: Siletz, Oregon
Job Posting Number: 202155
- Minimum two years’ experience in supervision of a food production operation meeting USDA Child Care Food Program (CCFP) standards.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED. Good organizational skills.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with food purchasing, quantity food preparation, and operation of food service equipment.
- Ability to do careful menu planning and food purchasing, in accordance with the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) requirements.
- Ability to prepare foods for Infants, Toddlers and Preschool aged children in accordance with the CACFP requirements.
- Ability to assure that food temperatures are hot/cold enough and ability to create sanitary conditions in food preparation areas so that health standards are maintained.
- Ability to prepare foods appropriate to diverse populations: special diets, ethnicities, etc.
- Have a valid Oregon driver’s license and insurance, be CPR/First Aid certified and have a current Food Handler’s Card.
- A criminal history background check is required prior to employment.
- Enroll into and maintain enrollment into the Central Background Registry.
Plan cycle menus based on CACFP requirements. Follow standardized recipes, using portion control methods including weighing of meal components. Develop recipes to accommodate special diets. Monitor individual children’s needs. Prepare quality nutritional food in quantity. Plan routine cleaning and maintenance of the kitchen and kitchen equipment. Wash pots, pans, utensils and dishes. Perform weekly inventory of food and supplies to plan for food buying. Collaborate with classroom staff in the provision of nutrition education and cooking project in the Preschool classroom. Follow CACFP Requirements on program rules involving meal patterns, minimum portion size, record keeping requirements and sanitation. Keep records of monthly meal counts and provide to Acting Director in a timely manner. Maintain daily menu production records. Maintain records of Menus, CN Labels, Recipes, Manufactures Product Analysis Sheet. (MPAS) and Standard of Identify Products Label. As needed purchase foods and supplies for food services. Other duties as assigned.
All new employees will serve a six-month probationary period to enable the Board of Directors to determine their suitability as a childcare employee. After six-month probation, the employee will be evaluated on his/her performance and at that time it will be decided if the employee is entitled to a regular employee status.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a Tribal “Application for Employment Form”, found here: Employment Application
Applications must be received by the closing date of this announcement to receive consideration.
TO RECEIVE CREDIT FOR TRAINING OR EDUCATION, DOCUMENTATION MUST BE PROVIDED.
If applying for more than one position, separate applications will be required for each position.
The high school diploma/GED requirement will be waived for Tribal Elders
Send Applications To
Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians
Attn: Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 549
Siletz, OR 97380
Fax number: 541-444-8375 or 1-800-922-1399 ext. 1375
Human Resources: 1-800-922-1399 ext. 1274
Conditions of Employment
The selectee will be required to submit to a urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use before employment.
May need to provide DMV Driver Record and proof of Automobile insurance.
The Tribe’s Indian Preference Policy will apply. Tribal government will not discriminate in selection because of race, creed, age, sex, color, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, membership, and non-membership in an employee organization.