Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Title: Gift Shop Clerk/Barista
Salary/Wage: $17.50 per hour
Location: Siletz, OR
Classification: Part time, Non-exempt, 7 hours per day / 35 hours per week
Provides exceptional customer service to all visitors; keeps a well-kept and clean environment for
visitors to enjoy; and stocks merchandise on a daily basis. Ensures visitors feel welcomed at all times. Dresses in a manner which is acceptable when meeting the general public and representing the Siletz Tribal Arts and Heritage Society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures all products and displays are merchandised effectively to maximize sales and profitability.
- Delivers excellent customer service to each customer that enters the shop.
- Performs many functional duties such as keeping a clean work area, dusting display shelves, stocking merchandise, etc.
- Assists with resolving operational deficiencies in areas needing attention including equipment needs.
- Price marks each item in inventory.
- Receives payment for merchandise for the amount of sale and makes change accurately.
- Assists with ordering new and old inventory items.
- Keeps accurate record of all sales.
- Compiles a daily log of activities.
- Complies with health and safety standards.
- Updates menu board.
- Prepares beverages following recipes.
- Communicates customer feedback.
- Additional Duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to perform duties with minimum supervision.
High School Diploma or GED
1 year retail and cashier experience preferred.
Minimum 6 months barista experience preferred.
Will train at site.
The Siletz Tribal Arts and Heritage Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on age, sex, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, physical ability or religion.
New employees are required to submit to a urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use before employment.
New employees are required to provide proof of COVID – 19 vaccination prior to their first day of employment. A request for exemption must be submitted in writing to the STAHS Board of Directors.
We encourage applications from Tribal Members, Tribal Descendants and Veterans.
Please send a letter of interest to the following:
Mail to: STAHS
Siletz, Oregon 97380
The mission of the Siletz Tribal Arts and Heritage Society is to support and promote the practice, conservation, and restoration of the tribal cultures of the Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians.