Opening Date: August 5, 2021
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Title: Head Start Recruitment Specialist
Tribal Level 15
Location: Siletz, OR
Classification: Full Time, Non-Exempt, Limited Duration (1 year)
Job Posting Number: 202138
The Siletz Tribal Head Start Program provides a developmentally appropriate and Native American culturally relevant preschool experience, which promotes school readiness skills for children who are 3 and 4 years of age. The program provides comprehensive services to children to ensure they are up-to-date on well childcare and to promote their physical, social emotional and cognitive development. The Head Start Program offers families the support they need to connect with community resources to further their personal growth and to support them in their role as their child’s first and most important teacher.
- High School Diploma or GED and one year experience working in community services, networking with community partners, and developing effective working relationships with community service agencies serving children and families and Native American community resources.
- Ability to:
- Work effectively with CTSI programs, tribal community services, and service agencies working with children and families.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Develop recruitment strategies in each community to solicit enrollment applications for the Siletz Tribal Head Start Program.
- Initiate outreach to CTSI programs, tribal community services, and service agencies working with children and families.
- Initiate outreach with families to generate enrollment applications.
- Be comfortable working with children and families from a variety of social, ethnic, economic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Work cooperatively as a team member and accept direction.
- Be reliable and punctual.
- Work some evenings and weekends. A
- ttend a variety of community events.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance and be able to travel to Newport, Lincoln City, Siletz, Salem and Portland.
- Must obtain First Aid/CPR certification.
- Must obtain a physical and TB test to verify physically able to meet the needs of this position.
- Must pass a criminal history background check which includes a sex offender registry check and obtain one of the following: State or tribal criminal history records, including fingerprints; or, Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal history records, including fingerprints; and Child abuse and neglect state registry check, if available.
Develop a recruitment strategy for each classroom to generate Head Start child enrollment applications.
Publicize Head Start child enrollment opportunities within each classroom’s community. Attend local community events to publicize the Siletz Tribal Head Start program and child enrollment opportunities.
Attend Head Start events to publicize Head Start child enrollment opportunities. Develop connections with CTSI programs, tribal community services, and community service agencies to publicize the Siletz Tribal Head Start Program and child enrollment opportunities. Develop a mailing list for each classroom community and send out recruitment mailings to publicize child enrollment opportunities for the Siletz Tribal Head Start Program. Gather and analyze birth rate and child counts for young children in each classroom community to identify trends for future child enrollment. Work in a team setting with other staff. Generate a monthly report on the progress with recruitment for the Director. Other duties as assigned.
All new employees will serve a six-month probationary period to enable the General Manger to determine their suitability as a tribal employee. After the six-month probation the employee will be evaluated of his/her performance and at that time, it will be, decided if the employee is entitled to a regular employee status.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a Tribal “Application for Employment Form”, found here: Employment Application
Applications must be received by the closing date of this announcement to receive consideration.
TO RECEIVE CREDIT FOR TRAINING OR EDUCATION, DOCUMENTATION MUST BE PROVIDED.
If applying for more than one position, separate applications will be required for each position.
The high school diploma/GED requirement will be waived for Tribal Elders
Send Applications To
Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians
Attn: Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 549
Siletz, OR 97380
Fax number: 541-444-8375 or 1-800-922-1399 ext. 1375
Human Resources: 1-800-922-1399 ext. 1274
Conditions of Employment
The selectee will be required to submit to a urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use before employment.
New employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to their first day of employment or submit a request for exemption to the Human Resource Manager, prior to starting employment.
May need to provide DMV Driver Record and proof of Automobile insurance.
The Tribe’s Indian Preference Policy will apply. Tribal government will not discriminate in selection because of race, creed, age, sex, color, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, membership, and non-membership in an employee organization.