Closing date: Open Until Filled
Job Title: Office Manager
Location: Siletz, Oregon
Classification: 20 hours per week
The Siletz Tribal Art and Heritage Society Mission
- Promote programs that encourage the revitalization and practice of Tribal cultural and religious activities and the restoration of Tribal religious and cultural sites and locations.
- Provide a variety of outreach, educational and training programs, both locally and throughout the region, related to the culture and traditions of the Siletz Tribe.
- Promote programs that will encourage economic development of the Tribe through traditional arts and crafts and other culturally appropriate methods.
- Develop resources and campaign for the construction and implementation of a cultural center and museum where Tribal artifacts and representation of Tribal history and culture can be maintained.
The Siletz Tribal Arts and Heritage Society is seeking a qualified Office Manager to assist the organization during a vital growth period. STAHS is currently engaged in major fundraising for the construction of a museum and cultural center on the Siletz reservation in Siletz, Oregon. A strong Office Manager is needed to work in conjunction with the Capital Campaign Director, Board of Directors and the Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians (CTSI) staff to oversee these efforts. This position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
The chosen candidate will have a proven track-record of organizing and managing day-to-day office functions and special events. The ideal candidate will have excellent people management skills and be an independent and driven worker whom is responsible for supporting the fundraising efforts of the Board of Directors.
- Working with the accounting department is responsible for fiscal management including preparation of monthly financial statements as well as banking deposits.
- Responsible for maintaining website and social media.
- Oversee day-to-day organizational operations which includes but is not limited to correspondence, supply orders, phone calls, post office, and handling merchandise sales.
- Responsible for assisting STAHS in a way that supports and guides the organization’s mission and strategic plan as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively and providing all information necessary for the Board to function properly and make informed decisions.
- Attend all Board meetings in person, works in concert with Board Chair to develop Board Agenda and direct Board meetings, and functions as Board secretary.
- Develop and maintain donor database in conjunction with the Capital Campaign Director
- Develop and maintain relationships with organizations to strategically enhance STAHS’ mission.
- Write campaign correspondence including meeting requests, meeting follow ups and quarterly newsletter in conjunction with the Capital Campaign Director.
- Maintain master campaign calendar to maximize cultural events and keep campaign and mission on track in conjunction with the Capital Campaign Director.
- Assist Board committees and volunteers.
- Other duties and roles as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and Power Point.
- Experience with databases, data entry and financial reporting.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, and volunteers with diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Experience with Oregon tribal communities preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong public speaking ability preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with tact and discretion.
- In general, this is a part-time position not to exceed 20 hours per week at $22.50/hr. For the times when there are events to prepare for hours can be increased.
- This position reports to the Siletz Tribal Arts and Heritage Board of Directors-Chairman.
- Incumbent uses independent judgment to carry out functions to meet stated requirements.
Conditions of Employment
The selectee will be required to submit to a urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use before employment.
The Siletz Tribal Indian Preference and Veteran’s Policy will apply. STAHS will not discriminate in selection because of race, creed, age, sex, color, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, membership, and non-membership in an employee organization.
This individual must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing a significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by contractor. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required.
The Employee will have a probationary period of six (6) months from date of contract and will receive a 90-day Performance Review.
To apply please send a Letter of Interest and a Resume to Siletz Tribal Arts and Heritage Society PO Box 8 Siletz, Oregon 97380 -OR- email your information to email@example.com
The mission of the Siletz Tribal Arts and Heritage Society is to support and promote the practice, conservation, and restoration of the tribal cultures of the Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians.