Opening Date: 07/22/23
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Job Title: Part Time Childcare Worker – 4 Positions
Location: Siletz, Oregon
Job Posting Number: 202156
- High School Diploma or equivalent. For the first 6 months, this position will not work alone with children.
- Ability to work effectively with groups of young children in an educational childcare facility.
- Must be able to follow established classroom schedule and daily routines for indoor and outdoor activities.
- Must be able to respond positively to child behaviors.
- Must be able to work cooperatively as a team member.
- Must be able to follow all health and safety procedures for hand washing, diapering or assisting with toileting, cleaning and sanitizing of classroom and toys, and providing adequate supervision of children inside and outside.
- Must complete 15 hours of on-going professional development training.
- Must be able to satisfy a criminal record check and be able to enroll in the Oregon Criminal History Registry.
- Must possess or complete within 30 days of employment certifications for First Aid/CPR, Food Handlers, Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse, and Introduction to Child Care Health and Safety.
Substitutes for regular childcare workers with an hour notice. Will perform all of the following duties while working: Assists in the follow through of the daily educational plan within the classroom and participates fully with children in all activities. Assists in setting up and maintaining a developmentally appropriate classroom environment including organization of space and material storage. As necessary completes required documentation for diapering, toilet training, attendance, tooth brushing, and food services. Works in a team setting with other staff involved to ensure children are supervised at all times. Assists with mealtime and eats with children. Assists with naptime routines. Other duties as assigned.
All new employees will serve a six-month probationary period to enable the Board of Directors to determine their suitability as a childcare employee. After six-month probation, the employee will be evaluated on his/her performance and at that time it will be decided if the employee is entitled to a regular employee status.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a Tribal “Application for Employment Form”, found here: Employment Application
Applications must be received by the closing date of this announcement to receive consideration.
TO RECEIVE CREDIT FOR TRAINING OR EDUCATION, DOCUMENTATION MUST BE PROVIDED.
If applying for more than one position, separate applications will be required for each position.
The high school diploma/GED requirement will be waived for Tribal Elders
Send Applications To
Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians
Attn: Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 549
Siletz, OR 97380
Fax number: 541-444-8375 or 1-800-922-1399 ext. 1375
Human Resources: 1-800-922-1399 ext. 1274
Conditions of Employment
The selectee will be required to submit to a urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use before employment.
May need to provide DMV Driver Record and proof of Automobile insurance.
The Tribe’s Indian Preference Policy will apply. Tribal government will not discriminate in selection because of race, creed, age, sex, color, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, membership, and non-membership in an employee organization.