LIHEAP (Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program) is a Federally-funded program that helps low-income households with their home energy bills. This program can help you stay warm in the winter and by doing so, you can reduce the risk of health and safety problems (such as illness, fire, or eviction).
The applicant must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant, or a child residing in the household, must be an enrolled Siletz Tribal member.
- The residence must be located within the 11 county service area.
- The applicant must meet the annual income guidelines established in the benefit matrix, as abbreviated below.
Household Size Annual Income
|Household Size||Income Limit|
|1||Not to Exceed $21,707|
|2||Not to Exceed $28,386|
|3||Not to Exceed $35,065|
|4||Not to Exceed $41,744|
|5||Not to Exceed $48,432|
|6||Not to Exceed $55,102|
|7||Not to Exceed $56,354|
|8||Not to Exceed $57,607|
|9||Not to Exceed $58,859|
|10||Not to Exceed $60,111|
When to Apply
October 1st – Siletz Tribal Elders and Disabled Tribal Members
November 6th – Other Eligible Siletz Tribal Households
Information Needed to Apply
To participate in the program you must submit the following:
- Application (In-take should be done in a tribal office, unless other arrangement are made.)
- Tribal Identification Card or CIB
- Social Security cards REQUIRED for all persons living in your household. These must be presented at time of in-take.
- Recent utility bills (the individual named on the utility bill must be included in the household composition.)
- Disconnect or Shut off notice (if you’ve received a notice from your utility company.)
- Documents verifying the income of every household member aged 18 years and above, such as:
- A recent payroll stub or other proof that shows the current gross income.
- Documentation, such as an award letter, showing income from Social Security, Unemployment Insurance, Pension Funds, disability, etc.
Suspicious Activity: If you feel someone is engaging in fraudulent activity regarding the LIHEAP please contact the Siletz Tribal Housing Department at: 1-800-922-1399 x1322 or 541-444-8322.