Many COVID Safety Protocols Still in Place
The Siletz Tribal Council approved a public access framework on July 15, 2022, with an effective date of Sept. 1, 2022. The public access framework outlines steps the administration and programs will implement to reduce the risk of COVID-19 spread.
While we open our doors to the public, we also prioritize the safety of our staff, Tribal members and clients. Some highlights of the plan include:
- Public access to administration buildings – appointments are preferred. If a member of the public arrives as a “walk-in” staff will accommodate as soon as possible. Masks are required for staff and visitors.
- Public events – outdoor events to resume. Indoor events require social distancing and safety protocols published and in place.
- Siletz Dance House – open for use with request and prior approval. Masks are required.
- Siletz Tribal Community Center – open for public events and use under the rental request. Masks are required.
- Siletz Community Health Clinic – open, masks are required.
- Transportation services – resuming full transportation services. Masks are required for driver and client.
- Tribal/program services – online options preferred for services and meetings; hybrid options also available.
- Playgrounds open without restrictions.
While Tribal offices are open to the public, we remain vigilant of current COVID-19 case counts, variants and their impacts on the local community. To address the likelihood that COVID-19 will be in our communities for a long period of time, Tribal Council also approved the latest exposure guidelines for Tribal employees and cleaning protocols that take effect immediately. Should an outbreak occur, access to Tribal facilities is subject to change at any time and without prior notice.
For more information, call 541-444- 2532. For more information about the clinic, call 541-444-1030. For more information about COVID vaccines, tests and resources, call the Tribe’s COVID line at 541-444-9636.